I know exactly what you are thinking …it is August. So why in the world is this chick rambling on about Fall??!! Here’s the thing, Fall has decided to come early to our state. The high today is 71. The high tomorrow? 66 !!! What in the world is going on? It has me scrambling for pants for the super human baby that grows at a rapid rate of speed (Little Miss Gigli… incase you were lost).
I think the planet got so sick of everyone complaining about Global Warming that it said, “Enough!! Take a blast of some cool weather in AUGUST and shut the eff up!” Not gonna lie … I had myself a nice warm cup of hot cocoa this morning. I’m not going to argue with the planet. If it wants me to think it is fall then I will gladly go along for the ride.
So I love the fall! It is my absolute favorite season and since I’m feeling all in the fall spirit today, I now give you a list of my favorite things about the fall. I guarantee you they are your favorite things too!
1. Pumpkins – They are orange. You can carve them. You can eat their delicious seeds. Plus they give you pumpkin pie!!
2. The Leaves Changing Color – It’s like I close my eyeballs and the last thing I see is green. When I open them up I see orange, red, yellow and I am so confused. The leaves change that fast and I love it!
3. The Crisp Cool Weather – Not too hot. Not too cold. Just right!
4. Pumpkin Spice Lattes – Just set up that IV right now.
5. Hot Air Balloon Festival – Sounds like it is for sissys. But it totally is not. You try wrangling an 800 pound hot air balloon into the air and then tell me your opinion. Plus, they are pretty!
6. The Mazie Maze – Nothing better than getting lost in a 50 billion acre corn maze!
7. Cinnamon Brooms – It is the only time of year where is it appropriate, and not at all strange, to buy a broom that smells of cinnamon and hang it on your wall.
8. Halloween – I get a kick out of witnessing what kind of costumes Ziti creates not only for the girls, but for himself as well. Me? I just wear my good old fairy costume. Maybe I should get creative this year?
Stelline as a Bloody Bride!
9. Football – I’m really not a crazy sports person, but if you can’t sit down and watch a football game in the fall then something is wrong with you. You don’t have to enjoy it. Just sit there and make fun of the players!
10. I can wear PANTS – Which means I don’t have to shave my legs. Ziti is the luckiest man in the world.
What do you love about fall? Or do you secretly hate it?