Today I tackled this nightmare … our front closet (AKA: the meaniehead).
I dislike the front closet. The front closet dislikes me. The front closet thinks it is funny to throw things onto the floor two seconds after I close the door. I can hear it chuckling at me and saying “Gotcha Sucka!!”
As much as I dislike the front closet, it had to be cleaned/organized. We are moving soon and there was no way that horrendousness was going to pack into a box. Of course while I was journeying through the closet I came across some stuff that made me pause and say, “Oh for crying out loud!”
The closet contained …
- 14 rolls of paper towels
- 12 rolls of toilet paper (and there’s plenty more in the bathrooms!)
- 2 bottles of dish soap
- about 892 plastic bags (more info later in this post regarding this silliness)
- about 120 safety pins (leftover from a project involving Ziti and the creation of a Dumbledore costume)
- 21 light bulbs (Hey! Don’t judge! They were free!)
- 4 flashlights (one of which looks like a kitty cat)
- 1 vacuum bag (Yep … our vacuum is bag-less)
- 12 re-useable bags (Why am I not using these!?)
- 8 notebooks
- 4 binders
- Enough pens and pencils to supply Stelline’s entire school
- 5 reams of paper (okay, so I may have a slight hoarding problem when it comes to school supplies)
- 2 Swiffer dusters (one for each hand, I guess)
- 1 pan for cooking a turkey (don’t ask why this isn’t in the kitchen)
- and a partridge in a pear tree (it flew out when I opened the door)
Now, regarding those 892 plastic bags … I save ALL of our plastic bags and fold them like this.
Do not be fooled! I am not the mastermind behind this idea. I owe this idea to the All Mighty Pinterest. Folding plastic bags in triangles makes them super easy to store. Plus, it makes them easier to throw into a diaper bag for when you have that “What do I do with the poopy diaper and poopy clothes?!” ordeal. Also, seeing the plastic bags displayed like this further proves that I live at Target.
Anyway, back to the front closet. Here is the finished product!
Yes, there is still a lot of stuff in there. But at least now I know where everything is located! This will be so much easier to pack into boxes. I just wish I had done it sooner so the front closet and I could have been friends.